Medical Spotlight: Atrial Fibrillation
Published September 25th, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Every year, around 3 million people in the US experience heart flutter or a rapid heartbeat caused by atrial fibrillation.
If left untreated, this abnormal heart rhythm can lead to several different health problems. UF Health Cardiologist Dr. Matthew McKillop spoke with TV20's Health Reporter Emily Burris to discuss the symptoms of atrial fibrillation, and what can be done if you are diagnosed with this abnormal heartbeat.
For more information about atrial fibrillation, visit: https://ufhealth.org/atrial-fibrillationflutter
- Medical Spotlight: Back to School Health Tips for Parents
- Medical Spotlight: Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer
- Medical Spotlight: Advanced Wound Care
- Medical Spotlight: Avoiding the Holiday Blues
- Medical Spotlight: Childhood Cancer
- Medical Spotlight: 11/6/13
- Medical Spotlight 8/15/11 "Keeping Your Brain In Shape"
- Medical Spotlight 11-13-13
- Your Health: Treating Concussions
- Your Health: Alzheimer's Awareness Month