Your Health: Painting Up Support For Alzheimer's Care
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Eldercare programs in North Central Florida often have to get creative when trying to raise funds to help their clients already affected by Alzheimer's Disease.
An upcoming benefit will raise money for Al'z Place, an ElderCare facility in Gainesville. The event, Moonlight and Martinis, will feature an auction that includes paintings made by the Alzheimer's patients.
Guided painting lessons were given to patients by the Art Without Boundaries Association, a non profit using art exercises to stimulate brain function.
The 7th annual Moonlight and Martinis takes place at 7 pm Saturday, for more informion visit: http://eldercare.ufhealth.org/2014/01/06/6th-annual-moonlight-and-martinis/
- Your Health: Alzheimer's Awareness Month
- Alzheimer's Research Gets Some Big Funding In Florida
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Peanut Butter Smell Test May Help Diagnose Alzheimer's Disease
- Stress linked to Alzheimer's disease
- Rare Brain Disease Often Mistaken for Alzheimer's
- Battling Alzheimer's
- Your Health: New Research Explores the Link Between Periodontal Disease and Diabetes
- Your Health: Women's Wellness In The New Year
- Attacking Alzheimer's