Your Health: Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- When someone loses hundreds of pounds, they're often left with a lot of extra skin. For some, excess skin can be almost as emotionally damaging as the extra weight.
But when it comes to skin removal, surgery is the only solution.
Doctors say skin removal has increased in the last decade as bariatric sugery becomes more popular. It's a costly procedure, but one that those who've had it say is life-changing.
Bill Whatmough of Gainesville lost more than half his body weight after having lap band surgery. While his weight loss was successful, he was left with extra skin around his midsection.
"It pressed up into my stomach and I could not get comfortable." Whatmough says, "and i decided eventually, when I could get the money together, I would have it removed."
- Your Health: Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss Part 2
- Your Health: Diet Tips For Weight Loss
- Your Health: The 'Gastric Sleeve' Bariatric Surgery
- Medical Spotlight: Weight Loss Pills
- Your Health: Robotic Precision For Knee Replacement Surgeries
- Local Woman Receives Grant from Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America
- Weight Loss Drug Belviq Gets Overdue US Launch
- New Technology Offers Surgery Without Scars
- Fact And Fiction About Your Weight Loss Journey
- Your Fitness: Simple Weight Loss Solutions