Wellness Walks Program Combating Obesity In Alachua County
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Wellness Walks program creators Dr. Norman and Roslyn Levy joined TV20's Emily Burris on Morning Edition to talk about the health benefits of walking.
The Wellness Walks began as a 10-week initiative of COACH, a program in Alachua County fighting obesity. COACH, created by the Alachua County Medical Society and Alliance, focuses on creating county-wide partnerships working to improve the health of Alachua County residents.
Currently, the Alachua County Department of Health is hosting evening walks on Mondays and Wednesdays. Several people have also started their own neighborhood walks.
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Program Combats Growing Infectious Disease Problem
- Women's Health Handbook Part 1: What to expect in your 20's
- 6/24/13 Fitzness Minute: Sports Bra Guide
- 1/7/13 Fitzness Minute: Weighted Stability Ball
- 2/4/13 Fitzness Minute: Quick Cardio Workout
- 2/25/13 Fitzness Minute: Medicine Ball Exercises
- 4/29/13 Ftizness Minute: Meet Fitness Guru Tony Horton
- 5/6/13 Fitzness Minute: Tube Workouts
- 5/20/13 Fitzness Minute: Amp up your Walks
- 2/11/13 Fitzness Minute: How Often Should You Workout?