Fact And Fiction About Your Weight Loss Journey
Dietitian, Marisa Moore says it is important to know the difference between good and bad directions in your weight loss journey.
She explained that if you overeat on carbohydrate, protein or fat you can gain weight. The key is moderation and it helps to focus on whole grain options.
She also explained that not all fats are bad. Some sources of healthy fats include nuts, avocados, olive oil and peanut oil. She suggested that these healthy fats be included in your daily diet because they can actually help you feel full faster which leads to eating less.
Saturated fat found in some desserts, fried food or fatty meats can lead to weight gain so it would be best to try to limit these.
Moore also broke the myth that you can keep the weight off without exercise. Exercise is an essential part of weight management and living a healthy life.
- Your Health: Diet Tips For Weight Loss
- 1/7/13 Fitzness Minute: Weighted Stability Ball
- 10/22/12 Fitzness Minute: Make Halloween about Fun, not Food
- Is your alarm clock making you fat?
- Your Health: Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss Part 2
- Too Much Salt for Most Americans
- Heart Health Tip: Watch Your Cholesterol
- Your Health: Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss
- Help for High Blood Pressure
- Medical Spotlight: Tips for Healthy Weight Management