Your Health Interview: Dinner Makeover
Published February 17th, 2014
Jessica Bermudez stopped by the studio to give some tips on how to freshen up your dinner.
Dinner time can be tough because sometimes we haven't eaten all day. It is important to make sure that you practice portion control, and not just grab something that's quick and easy.
Make use of fresh seasonings to add flavor and avoid making healthy food taste "bland" and "unappealing."
The crock pot is a good tool to use just to throw the ingredients in at the start of the day and by the time you get home your meal will be ready to go.
The other great thing about a crock pot is that it allows you to have leftovers for days, letting you make multiple healthy meals out of that original one.
For information on crock pot recipes, you can visit crock-pot.com for multiple recipes from a searchable database.
- Your Health Interview: Meal Makeovers
- Your Health Interview: Continuing Your New Year's Resolutions
- Your Health Interview: Karen Cole-Cannon
- Interview: Leadercast, Building Leaders Worth Following
- Interview: Robotic Equipment
- Heart Health Tip: Watch Your Cholesterol
- Your Health: Antibiotics
- Your Health Report: Is Yoga Dangerous?
- Women's Health Handbook Part 1: What to expect in your 20's
- Your Health: Raiding the Refrigerator