Your Health: Fighting The Snack Attack
Ditch the guilt about eating outside of meal times and embrace the fact that healthy snacking keeps you feeling full and satisfied throughout the work day and revs up your metabolism. There, you have attacked the snacking stereotype and are now ready to pick out some healthy ones.
There are 3 culprits that sabotage your efforts to do good and they start with the vending machine. Don't let yourself get caught in front of the vending machine! When stopping for morning coffee on the way to work, only get coffee (no sugary processed treats), and don't leave home with your snacks.
Your best snacking strategy is to plan ahead. Keep some healthy options in your desk or office for those times when you don't have time to get lunch, or when you need a little nutritional boost during the day. You can also bring fresh snack food with you every day from home, providing your workplace has a refrigerator.
And if you're the type of person who goes shopping for healthier snacks but never ends up eating them, keep them visible at your desk, send yourself an email reminder to eat your snacks and plan ahead — if you want to eat pineapple, chop it up at home the night before.
Nolle Graham, Certified Personal Trainer at Gainesville Health and Fitness will present to you her favorite snacks that keep her going during the day and will throw down a challenge to get you on the road to healthy snacking.
- 8/25/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Nachos
- Your Health: Raiding the Refrigerator
- Your Health: Resolution Reboot
- Your Health: Resolution Reboot Part 2
- 10/22/12 Fitzness Minute: Make Halloween about Fun, not Food
- 11/5/12 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Smoothies
- 1/14/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Vacation
- 1/21/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Cruising
- 5/27/13 Fitzness Minute: Healthy Indulgence
- Your Health Report: Is Yoga Dangerous?