Bradford and Union Counties announce plans to begin vaccinating people 65 and older next week
STARKE, Fla. (WCJB) -Bradford and Union counties are preparing to open up registration for elderly people to receive the covid-19 vaccine starting next week.
The vaccinations will begin on Jan. 5. Anyone wishing to receive a vaccine must make an appointment and show proof of age. Residents can call the appropriate health department to make an appointment starting Monday.
- Bradford County residents can call (904) 964-7732 to make an appointment. Doses will be administered on Wednesday, Jan. 6th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm and on Friday, Jan. 8th from 8:30 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Shots will be given at the Bradford County Senior Center, located at 1805 North Temple Avenue, Starke, Florida.
- Union County residents can call (386) 496-3211 to make an appointment. Doses will be administered on Tuesday, Jan. 5th and Thursday, Jan. 7th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, as well as on Friday, Jan. 8th from 8:30 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Shots will be given at the Union County Health Department, located at 495 East Main Street, Lake Butler, Florida.
Click here for information about vaccine distribution in North Central Florida.
- Putnam County opens up COVID-19 vaccine applications for those over 65
- NCFL COVID Cases: Florida shatters single-day record with 17,192 new positive cases, 11.57% positivity
- First case of UK COVID-19 variant found in Florida
- Fighting COVID: How you can apply for the COVID-19 vaccine in NCFL counties
Copyright 2020 WCJB. All rights reserved.