Gilchrist County suspends COVID-19 vaccine applications for week
TRENTON, Fla. (WCJB) - Gilchrist County suspends COVID-19 vaccine applications for the week.
The Florida Department of Gilchrist County made the announcement on Wednesday afternoon after they reached capacity.
The county is currently offering the vaccine to residents who are 65 and older, front line healthcare workers and first responders. Eligible residents are urged to call back next week at 352-463-3120.
“We are so pleased with the positive response to vaccine availability and hope to resume appointments very soon,” said Natalie McKellips, administrator for the Florida Department of Health in Gilchrist County. “We ask for your understanding and patience as we move forward in this process.”
Residents can stay informed by calling the number above or visiting the Facebook page below.
Gilchrist joins Marion, Bradford and Levy Counties to suspend applications due to reaching capacity.
- Fighting COVID: How you can apply for the COVID-19 vaccine in NCFL counties
- Gov. DeSantis announces some Marion County Publix stores will administer Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- UF Health to offer COVID-19 vaccines to patients over 65
- Marion County Department of Health answers COVID-19 vaccine FAQ’s
- Marion County Dept. of Health warns of COVID-19 vaccine scam
- Q&A: UF Health researcher answers your questions about the COVID-19 vaccines
Copyright 2021 WCJB. All rights reserved.