FDOT has finished improvements to University Avenue
Published: Feb. 12, 2021 at 12:06 AM EST
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) - The Florida Department of Transportation has finished improvements to University Avenue following the deaths of two UF student-pedestrians.
The department adjusted signal timing between Northwest 15th Street and 22nd Street to increase the frequency that drivers have to stop.
This is aimed at slowing down traffic.
Temporary speed humps will be installed to the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium entrance at Northwest 19th Street.
By this summer the department will reduce the speed limit on university avenue to 25 miles per hour.
- FDOT completes pedestrian safety improvements along University Avenue
- Expect increased police, more citations, following UF pedestrian deaths
- City officials and UF students call for reconstruction of University Ave after pedestrian death
- Mother of a hit-and-run victim pleads with Gainesville city commissioners to make changes
- Student expresses concern after 18-year-old UF student killed in hit and run
Copyright 2021 WCJB. All rights reserved. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.