Alachua County deputies arrest a Buchholz High School student, charged with making false bomb threats
To keep up with the latest local news subscribe to our TV20 newsletter HERE and receive news straight to your email every morning.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) - The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office has announced that they have made an arrest related to the series of bomb threats made against Buchholz High School.
Deputies say they have arrested Buchholz High School student Preston Powers.
According to officials, the 17-year-old has been arrested and charged with possession of cocaine, making false bomb threats, and using a two-way communication device to commit a felony.
Deputies with a warrant found evidence that led to probable cause in this case.
The investigation is ongoing. We will bring you updates as more information becomes available.
- “It’s been pretty crazy to be honest”: Buchholz High School students grow frustrated with bomb threats
- Buchholz High School receives fourth bomb threat of the school year
- A Buchholz High School parent reacts to the school’s third bomb threat since August 19th
- Alachua County Sheriff’s deputies are on scene after a third bomb threat at Buchholz High School
- Buchholz High School has another bomb threat in less than two weeks
- Update: All clear given by ASO after Buchholz High School evacuates due to bomb threat
Copyright 2021 WCJB. All rights reserved. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.