Ed Bielarski, Harvey Ward face off in TV20′s Gainesville Mayoral Debate
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) - The two Gainesville mayoral candidates left standing after the August primary went head to head during TV20′s debate on Wednesday night just weeks before the 2022 General Election.
Gainesville City Commissioner Harvey Ward and former Gainesville Regional Utilities General Manager Ed Bielarski are running to replace Mayor Lauren Poe who is term-limited. The two sparred on topics relating to GRU rates, city zoning, and crime.
They also answered viewer-submitted questions some of which included social issues, single-family zoning, and issues of partisan politics.
At the beginning of the debate, which aired live at 7:00 p.m. online and on streaming devices, there was a brief audio issue cutting off part of Ed Beilarski’s opening statement. The recorded version of the debate attached to this story contains the full debate with all audio issues resolved.
Early voting for the 2022 General Election begins on Monday, Oct. 24. Election day is on Tuesday, Nov. 8.
2022 General Election Race Previews
- NCFL Election Preview: Alachua County Commission District 1
- NCFL Election Preview: Alachua County Commission District 2
- James Ingle and Ed Book prepare to faceoff for spot on the City Commission
- Willits and Cain compete for Gainesville District 3 seat amid zoning uproar
- Peeler and Porter go head-to-head for Columbia County school board seat
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Copyright 2022 WCJB. All rights reserved.