A chimney fire caused extensive damage to a home in Starke

By  | 

STARKE, Fla. (WCJB) --
A home in Starke may have fallen victim to the cold snap. A chimney fire caused extensive damage to it Monday night.

Firefighters arrived at a home on Northeast 162nd Street to find flames coming through the chimney.

Crews were able to stop the fire from spreading and save many of the personal items in the home.

Everyone inside was able to escape without injuries.

To avoid chimney fires, make sure it is cleaned and inspected annually.