GFR: Historical Home a 'total loss' after fire
Gainesville Fire Rescue say a home in Gainesville is a total loss after a fire early this morning.
Fire officials originally responded to the home on NW 4th St. Monday afternoon for reports of smoldering in the attic.
The family inside evacuated the home and stayed at a hotel for the night.
Fire rescue officials say the home's power was shut off and they thought they had the situation under control.
Officials then say the home caught fire around 5 a.m. Tuesday morning.
No one was inside at the time.