Hoverboard catches fire in Ocala home

Published: Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:52 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Hoverboards are fun to ride around on, but can be a fire hazard.

Ocala Fire Rescue responded to a single-story home in the 5000 block of SW 41st St. where smoke was coming from a garage.

A hoverboard had caught fire while charging and crews quickly put out the flames.

No one was injured.

Firefighters said hoverboards should be monitored while plugged in to minimize fires caused by overcharging or system malfunction.