Lightning likely cause of Belleview house fire

Published: Jun. 13, 2019 at 5:52 PM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Belleview home is nothing but ash now as a fire broke out in the house.

Marion County Fire Rescue responded to the home on southeast 117th street road, located next to Smith Lake Village Park.

When fire crews arrived on the scene, they found the second floor of the building completely engulfed in flames.

The home was a total loss.

Surrounding homes were even touched by the flame as well.

"The radiant heat from this fire in the second story of this house actually melted the vinyl siding on another structure that's next door, so the radiant heat was pretty intense," MCFR Public Information Officer, James Lucas.

Officials said the likely cause of the fire was from a lightning strike.

The home was unoccupied at the time. There have been no injuries reported.

Latest News

Latest News