Alachua County Supervisor of Elections teaches high school students about elections process
Alachua County students will get a lesson in the elections process directly from people running the elections.
The Alachua County Supervisor of Elections office will visit public high schools throughout the month of January to teach students about the election's process covering topics like voter registration.
In Florida, 16-year-olds can pre-register to vote, so their voter registration activates automatically once he or she turns 18-years-old.
The annual school outreach program has been running since 1993.
Officials have started visiting schools. Here's the list of scheduled dates:
- Jan. 8: Buchholz High School
- Jan. 9: Newberry High School
- Jan. 4: Hawthorne Middle/High School
- Jan. 15: Santa Fe High School
- Jan. 16: Gainesville High School
- Jan. 22 (Morning): Loften High School
- Jan. 22 (Afternoon): Quinn Jones Center