Rays vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 25
Two of baseball's top hitters go head-to-head when the Tampa Bay Rays (36-15) and Toronto Blue Jays (26-24) meet at 1:10 PM ET on Thursday, at Tropicana Field. Yandy Diaz has a .322 batting average (sixth in league) for the Rays, and Bo Bichette ranks fifth at .327.
The Rays will give the nod to Zach Eflin (6-1, 3.45 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 7 on the season, and the Blue Jays will counter with Alek Manoah (1-4, 5.15 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Rays vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Time: 1:10 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Eflin - TB (6-1, 3.45 ERA) vs Manoah - TOR (1-4, 5.15 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Player Props|
|How to Watch Rays vs Blue Jays|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Odds|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Prediction|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zach Eflin
- Eflin (6-1) will take to the mound for the Rays and make his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Saturday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up three earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.45 and 10.0 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .237 in eight games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in eight starts this season.
- Eflin has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Alek Manoah
- Manoah gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 11th of the season. He is 1-4 with a 5.15 ERA and 40 strikeouts through 50 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Baltimore Orioles, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Over 10 games this season, the 25-year-old has a 5.15 ERA and 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .276 to opposing batters.
- Manoah has collected two quality starts this season.
- Manoah is trying to pick up his sixth start of five or more innings this season in this outing.
- This season, the 25-year-old ranks 66th in ERA (5.15), 72nd in WHIP (1.737), and 56th in K/9 (7.1) among qualifying pitchers.
Alek Manoah vs. Rays
- He will match up with a Rays squad that is batting .271 as a unit (first in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .501 (first in the league) with 97 total home runs (first in MLB action).
- Manoah has a 13.5 ERA and a 2.786 WHIP against the Rays this season in 4 2/3 innings pitched, allowing a .391 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.